Monday, April 18, 2011

Paleo For Life, Day 4(Back in Paleo Land)

I was so looking forward to Paleo Crepes this morning.  Then I realized we were missing the most important ingredient.  Eggs.  Raw eggs, anyway. We had some boiled...but that wouldn't have worked.  I got 'revenge'  by making my breakfast noisy--a smoothie. Maybe that will give people a wake-up call that I need eggs. ;) I also had a boiled egg on the side for protein.

I had a lunch all packed to bring to school. [It's scary what my school serves for lunch.  Everything there is stuff I can't eat.  Spaghetti covered in sugar-loaded Tomato Sauce, Chicken Rice Bowls, Sandwiches with meat that's been cured in sugar.  And that's what the HEALTHIER options are.  It practically gives me nightmares to think of the pizza, burgers, chicken patty sandwiches, french fries, and Snicker's Ice Cream bars that so many of my friends eat.  AHHH!]  So for me, Little Miss Paleo, I pack my own lunch.  Lots of vegetables, meat, sometimes a little fruit.  Water.

But I forgot it.  In my fridge.

I had a dilemna. A big one.  My mind raced for an answer but each solution I found was quickly crossed off the list.
Can my dad bring it to me?
Can my mom bring me one?
I'll just go out to lunch.
I'll just skip lunch and eat after school.
Eventually I begrudgingly decided on this:  I guess I'll go see if the cafeteria has salad.  It's not much, but it's something.

Lunch comes and I am RAVENOUS.  Making good choices when you're that hungry is hard.  Or atleast, I thought it would be.
Let's just say that if Spaghetti could get offended, it would have flipped me off because of the look I gave it.  Yuck.

I went straight for the place where I knew there would be vegetables: the Sandwich line.  I got myself a plate, did not get myself a sandwich, and loaded up my plate with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and a few pickles and peppers.  Then I grabbed an apple.  I 'stole' some peaches from one of the other lines as well and looked down at my meal.
Solution Salad


Well...no protein...but at least it was Paleo.(Except the peaches, which were canned(A.K.A. soaked in High Fructose Corn Syrup), but I realized that after I had eaten.)  People gave me some strange looks. [Although that could've been due to my fabulous new shirt...]
Best shirt ever. :)
I just smiled and walked down the hallway, happy to have food.

My friend saw what I was eating and kinda looked at it funny..."Why don't you have real food?"
I said, "This IS real food."  This is what real food looks like.

After school my amazing mother brought me some Fresh Crunch Salad(tuna, carrots, cucumber...).  So good to have Paleo food. :)

And you have no idea how wonderful it was to have a completely Paleo dinner prepared when I got home from Ballet.  None of this Attack of the Soy stuff.  What did we eat? We're calling it B.I.G. Shreds.

If I can make a decent-ish Paleo lunch in my school cafeteria (Grain Central) at last minute, then you can make Paleo meals at home.  It's not hard--just different.  And you will see the difference.

My pants don't fit anymore.  Couldn't be happier. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment