Saturday, April 16, 2011

Paleo For Life, Day 2(Food Vs. Religion/Repentance?)

Let's set something straight. I'm not an Obsessive Paleo-ite(Let's call them OP's from now on).  I don't eat only what Grok would've eaten.  That's not for me.  I'm mostly Paleo.  I occassionally will eat some bread, or maybe like a spoonful of ice cream.  It's not going to kill me. 

Lately I've realized:  Your diet is like your religion.  You preach it's greatness to others and try to get them converted[much like I am now].  For OP's, the question isn't, "What would Jesus do?" but "What would Grok eat?"  You believe that your diet is the way, the truth and the light.
Unlike religion, there isn't just one true diet.  Different things work for different people.  Some are vegetarian, some are meatitarian, some find success with Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers or Body For Life.  Some are...well, just plain old fat.  And I'm sorry if you're one of those people out there that has tried everything and still can't find what works.  I know how that goes.  Really. 
But then I found Paleo, and it works.  Try it out.

Self-Discovered Benefits of Paleo:
-Higher Energy
-Healthy, clear skin
-Weight Loss!!!!!
-Stay satisfied longer
-No constipation [Sorry if that's too personal for ya. You'll learn to deal with it.]


My run this morning was beautiful. I ran past a house with a neon green door[AWESOME],  a lot filled with tulips, a playground with stone seals...life doesn't get much better than that, right?

Dinners have proved to be interesting while I'm at my grandparent's home this week.  My grandmother has been very kind to provide Paleo [or mostly Paleo] meals.  Peas aren't necessarily Paleo, but oh well.  I'm sure the fruit salad has sugar on it, as most of the fruit was from a can.  The tomato sauce on the chicken probably had sugar in it, too.  There was also rice and rolls. I didn't have any rice but did have one small roll.  Although it was kinda dry and not really worth it.

That's one thing I'm discovering: Sometimes it's just not worth it. There are things I can think of that I think would be worth 'breaking' Paleo for.  Banana Bread.  Cinnamon Rolls.  Homeade Granola.  My mom's chocolate chip cookies. CHOCOLATE.  I have missed Chocolate. Even then I wouldn't eat a lot of it.  Just some.
But things like white bread, store bought cookies, doughnuts, cereal?  Nah.  It's not worth it. Not at all.
This roll wasn't worth it, either. I'm glad it was small.

I'll be grateful to be back in Paleo Land.

Dear Readers,
I am overwhelmed with guilt.  Sometimes grains look so good, and then after eating them I feel like there is a rock in my stomach.  I think I'm going to go on a No Grains challenge for at least a week, if not more. Ugh. Uggg. I am so sorry, body. So sorry. It won't happen again.


Meal #1-
Zuchinni Onion Omelette
Peach Slices

Meal #2-
Chicken Catchetori
Peas
Fruit Salad
Roll
CAUTION! THIS IS NOT A PALEO MEAL!
Meal #3-
Too guilty.  Too guilty.  It wasn't even that bad and I'm still too guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment