Sunday, August 21, 2011

Paleo, Day 7 (Satisfaction)

Yesterday I wanted to make Paleo pancakes to satisfy my bread craving, remember? Well, unfortunately, there is not unsweetened applesauce or nut butter at my dad's house.  I made Carrot Hashbrowns to satisfy the somewhat starchy craving I had.

But this morning, oh ho, this morning. I made Pancakes and Carrot Hashbrowns, and had a side of avocado and a cup of grape juice (I just realized something...'a glass of grape juice' sounds way more sophisticated than 'a cup of grape juice', but it also sounds much larger...).

I searched high and low for applesauce for the pancakes. We made a ton of it last fall, canned and frozen.  But I couldn't find any. Not a Tablespoon to be found. So I grabbed the frozen apricots instead, which when warmed up in the microwave produced a slush about the consistency of applesauce. I figured that would work and it did. They were delicious.

Yes. I am satisfied.

P.S. I  peeled, cut, pitted, bagged and froze the apricots I used!!
Mastermind has even got into the spirit of Paleo a bit more this week. I promised her I'd post her creation on the blog so here it is:
Bananas de Mastermind
Bananas, Honey, Coconut (she uses sweetened coconut but there is unsweetened as well that you can (and should) use :)), and chopped up Macadamias.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment