Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Go On, Tease Me.

Eating Paleo when you don't have really have the chance to make your own meals is a pain in the rear.
Granted, every now and then, you find someone who genuinely wants you to succeed and gets to know everything about Paleo so that they can provide a meal that fits.
Mama G is that type of person.

But usually, it doesn't work out this way.
Usually, the cook is making food for mass amounts of people and they can't tend to your needs.
[Like and Girl's Camp. Or Family Reunions.]
Which is perfectly okay, and perfectly understandable.

Actually, I kind of like it.
It presents a challenge.

I like to challenge myself.
I like to be competitive with myself.

And when I'm presented with lots of food options I can't eat?
I'm not tempted to eat them.
[Because nothing tastes as good as being sexy feels.]
But I make it like a scavenger hunt: find all the things I can eat.


I'm having a successful trip so far.
Haven't broken Paleo, not starving.

Last night everyone had apple dumplings for dessert.
I left the house to read on the beach while they ate, and when I came back, I made my own apple dessert.

Simple, really:
put some apples in a mug with a little bit of cinnamon and honey.
Pop it in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and BAM!
Your cinnamon-y apple-y craving= satisfied.

The only thing that I'm NOT a fan of that comes from eating Paleo around a big group of people that don't:
It's all they can talk to me about.

Sometimes it's curiosity. Genuine question are asked for conversation.
Sometimes it's just because they want to tease. They think they're really funny with their Paleo humor.

"Will we have to take our family pictures dressed as cavemen?"
"Are you allowed to eat that since you didn't hunt or gather it yourself?"
"Wait, which websites can you use on Paleo? Are you even allowed to use the internet at all?"

Har dee har har.

It's worth it, though.
My stomach is flatter, I have more energy, and I'm never ever constipated, not ever.

TMI? Get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment