Monday, November 7, 2011

Two Week Paleo Hullabalooza

For the two weeks prior to Nutcracker, I, the Muffin, have made the commitment to be Paleo.  Because I need to be in my best shape for this lovely performance.
Obviously the 60 day challenge faced the ultimate fizzle out.  My mom held strong. Superman and I did not.
BUT--I have discovered that the only real way for me to be committed to a healthy Paleo lifestyle is for me to personally decide to do it.  I can't just be a link on. I need to make the commitment personally.  And I need to find which 'status' of Paleo works for me.  All in due time, my little Cavemen. All in due time.

Anyway, last night I made a very delicious dinner for myself that my Padre was very envious of. (I should have have the foresight to make it doubled but ah well.)  It was really easy too! All I did was fry up some chicken, and once it was done, set it aside. In the same pan I fried up about a fourth of an onion and about 1/2tsp-ish of garlic, then tossed in half of a green pepper and two chopped up tomatoes.  I cooked that until the juices from the tomatoes had created a bit of a 'sauce', then added the chicken back in.  I seasoned it with Ginger, Creole Seasoning(one of my favorite Paleo seasonings. Yea for no dextrose!), and Salt.
It smelled great and tasted amazing!
(Although, if I did make it again, I'd use two chicken breasts and not just one. My vegetable:meat ratio was a bit off.)
Super healthy and very satisfying. I'd totally make it again.

If, ya know, my dad buys tomatoes and peppers again.  If. If is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment